12.17.2012

The Reason

"I do not carry a firearm because it is my right. I do not carry because I am afraid. I do not carry because I am paranoid, and I don't carry because I am trying to make a statement. I am not being political, and I am not being religious. I do not carry a gun because I want to frighten, intimidate, or kill. I carry a gun because there is genuine evil in this world. I carry a gun because most people are not equipped to deal with that evil. I carry a gun because the police mostly respond to crime, they do not prevent it. I carry a gun because there are some that can not defend themselves. Some threats are too fearsome, too strong, and too evil. I carry a gun because I am willing to stand between you and that evil. I carry a gun, expecting that someday I may have to use it, and praying that I will never have to."